Cheap Flights from Phoenix Mesa Gateway to Calgary
Flight information Phoenix-Mesa Gateway to Calgary
Cheapest roundtrip price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 1991 kilometers
Most popular airline last month
Airlines that Fly from Phoenix Mesa Gateway to Calgary
Westjet and Air Canada both offer direct flights from Phoenix Mesa Gateway Airport (AZA) to Calgary International Airport (YYC), but only one or two leave each day so you'll want to book early to get the flight that works with your schedule. Better yet, set up a price alert with Skyscanner so you never miss a great deal on flights from Phoenix to Calgary!
Departing from Phoenix Mesa Gateway Airport
Phoenis Mesa Gateway Airport is a small airport with only a few amenities. There is a casual dining restaurant, a bakery, a newsstand, and a gift shop. Free wi-fi is available, but there are no charging stations so you'll have to be sure to charge everything before you leave. Long-term parking is very affordable and can be found in two different areas:
- Daily Lot ($13.75/day): Located a short walk from the terminal entrance, this covered parking area is a great option for shorter vacations.
- Economy Lot ($8.75/day): Uncovered parking located a 10-minute shuttle ride from the airport. Shuttles start running approximately 2 hours before departure times.
Arriving in Calgary
Calgary International Airport is conveniently located on the outskirts of Calgary, just 30 minutes from the city center. Afer landing, simply follow the signs to collect your bags and move through Customs. After you're in the public area of the airport, look for the information desk or find a staff member wearing a white cowboy hat - they'll be happy to help you!
You can reach your hotel in a variety of ways:
- Taxi ($45, 25 minutes to downtown): Grab a cab from the street just outside the airport entrance. All addresses in Calgary have a NE, SE, NW, or SW location, so make sure you know which section of the city your hotel is located in.
- Shuttle ($15, 30 minutes to downtown): The shuttle departs every 30 minutes from 8am to midnight from Bus Bay 8 on Arrivals Level 1, and runs to most major hotels in downtown Calgary. Tickets can be purchased online.
- Public Transit ($8, 30 minutes to downtown): There are two public transit lines from the airport, both located near Gate C on Arrivals Level 1. Route 300 will take you directly to the downtown core, while Route 100 can take you to the C-Train for other locations in Calgary.
- Rental Car: With Skyscanner, you can book a rental car ahead of time, then pick it up from the Rental Car Centre, located inside Departures Level Two, across the street from the main terminal building. All major international car rental companies are represented.
Plan on arriving at the airport at least 2 hours before your international departure to give yourself enough time to check in, move through security, and make it to your gate. After landing in Canada, make sure your declaration card is filled out correctly and wait in the "Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents" line at Canadian Customs to avoid any delays.
What to Expect in Calgary
Calgary is the largest city in Alberta, and home of the greatest outdoor show on Earth, the Calgary Stampede. The Stampede takes place every July and attracts millions of tourists worldwide. It's not all cowboys and rodeo, though - Calgary is also home to a wide variety of museums, event centres, restaurants, and parks that are sure to impress. If it's natural beauty you're after, you'll be pleased to know that Calgary is only a short day trip away from the gorgeous Rocky Mountains and Banff National Park, which are perfect for hiking, camping, skiing, and sightseeing.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.