Toronto Pearson International Airport is in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The airport is the busiest international airport in Canada. There are many historical sites and modern tourist places to visit within driving distance, making the airport a great place to rent a car.
Car Rentals at Toronto Pearson
Toronto Pearson offers convenient on-site car rental service from six well-known car rental agencies. Visitors will find car rental counters for Avis, Budget, Dollar/Thrifty, Enterprise, Hertz and National/Alamo on Level 1 of the Terminal 1 and Terminal 3 parking garages.
These companies offer many vehicles including mini, economy, full-size, and premium car rentals. Mini and economy vehicles are usually the least expensive in terms of rates and fuel economy, but there are great deals on luxury vehicles, as well. Booking in advance is a good idea for travellers wanting to pick a car up at the airport. Additionally, having the items below will help make the process as quick and easy as possible:
- Rental booking confirmation
- Canadian or International Driver's License
- Insurance documents
- Additional documents requested during the booking process
All car rental companies have different policies on smoking in vehicles, documents, tolls, refueling and pick-up/drop-off. Travellers are wise to check the policies and become familiar with them before renting a vehicle.
Important Information for Driving Around Toronto
Driving in Ontario, Canada, is similar to other major tourist destinations. There are more cars on the road during peak traffic times, which are between 7:00 and 9:00 a.m. and from 4:30 to 6:00 p.m. There are also some laws below that drivers need to know:
- In Ontario motorists can turn right on a red light.
- In Quebec motorists are not allowed to turn right on a red light.
- Parking is available in downtown Toronto, but travellers should be ready to pay.
- Distracted driving is not allowed, meaning motorists are not allowed to text/talk on hand-held devices while driving.
- Pedestrian crosswalks must be completely clear before motorists enter.
- Drivers must give cyclists at least 1 metre of space when possible.
- Drivers must slow down and change lanes when an emergency vehicle with flashing lights is present.
- Drivers under the influence of drugs or alcohol are subject to strict fines, license suspension and a week-long vehicle impound.
- Parking may be difficult in some areas, but there are parking garages and lots rental drivers can use.
Points of Interest Near Toronto, Canada
There are so many great places to visit in the area. Visitors with a rental car can experience more of what Ontario has to offer. Below are a few of the amazing tourist destinations in the Canadian territory:
- Ripley's Aquarium of Canada is one of three Ripley's aquariums. It is located in downtown Toronto a 30 minute (25.7 km) drive from the airport via ON-427 S.
- Ontario Science Center is a great place to take kids. The center has interactive science and technology exhibits and is a 32 minute (31.5 km) drive from Toronto Pearson International Airport via Ontario 401 Express.
- CN Tower is a 553.3 metre tall observation tower in Ontario, Canada, just a 30 minute (25.7 km) drive from the airport.
Try a Skyscanner search first to help find the best discount car rentals in Toronto Pearson International Airport before the next trip to save time.