Cheap Flights from Vancouver International to New York John F. Kennedy
Flight information Vancouver International to New York John F. Kennedy
Cheapest roundtrip price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 3935 kilometers
Most popular airline last month
New York John F. Kennedy
Airlines that Fly from Vancouver International to New York John F. Kennedy
Canadians can fly directly to John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK) from Vancouver International Airport (YVR) through Delta, Cathay Pacific, Philippine Airlines, or Westjet. There are many flights departing each week, so you're sure to find one that works with your schedule and budget. If you fly between these two airports often, try setting up a price alert with Skyscanner so you never miss a great deal on flights from Vancouver to New York City!
Departing from Vancouver International Airport
Vancouver International (YVR) is a clean, modern airport with all of the amenities you'd expect. There are many shops, restaurants, and lounges in each terminal as well as observation areas, art exhibits, and children's play areas. Free wi-fi is available, as well as charging stations for all of your devices, so you'll have plenty of things to keep you entertained while you wait for your flight!
If you're driving to the airport, there are several long-term parking options at YVR, for all budgets:
- Gateway Valet & Concierge ($38/day, $206/week): Curbside pick-up and drop-off located at the Fairmont Vancouver Hotel entrance, at Departures Level 3. No reservation required.
- Parkade ($30/day, $179/week): Covered parking located just steps away from the terminal entrances. If you choose to use a cashier rather than self-serve, you'll be charged an additional $2 fee.
- Value Lot ($22/day, $144/week): Uncovered parking area within walking distance of the terminals, with partially covered walkways. If you use a cashier instead of self-serve, there is an additional $2 fee.
- jetSet Parking ($17.50/day, $112.50/week): Uncovered parking within the airport property, with a free shuttle service to the airport every 15-20 minutes, 24 hours a day.
Arriving at John F. Kennedy Airport
After arriving at JFK, follow the overhead signs to find your baggage and make your way through American customs. This is a very busy airport (one of the busiest in the world!), so you should expect some delays while you wait for processing. After making your way to the exit, there are several transportation options to reach your hotel:
- Taxi ($65 to Manhattan): New York City is famous for its yellow taxi cabs. You'll be charged a flat rate from the airport to downtown Manhattan, but tipping 5-10% is customary for good service.
- AirTrain ($9): Catch the train from any terminal to reach one of New York's major subway stations, then transfer if needed to reach your hotel. You'll need to climb many stairs if you take this route, and space is limited, so this isn't recommended if you have a lot of luggage.
- Rental Car: There are several car rental desks in each arrivals area, as well as courtesy telephones available to all passengers. To pick up your car, you'll have to take the AirTrain to Federal Circle Station. Book a car ahead of time with Skyscanner to make sure you've got one waiting for you when you arrive!
Canadians can travel to the United States for up to 6 months without a visa, as long as your passport is valid for at least 6 months after your date of departure. Check the Government of Canada's travel advisories for more information about traveling to and from the United States!
What to Expect in New York City
New York is a city that needs no introduction. Its presence in pop culture and media has made it one of the most well-known cities in the world. Walk through Times Square or head to the Statue of Liberty to catch the most famous landmarks, or take a relaxing walk through Central Park. Manhattan is the most famous borough in New York City, but there are plenty of places to visit that are outside of the major tourist areas, including Brooklyn and Staten Island. In fact, we've put together a great list of activities and attractions to check out in New York City - check it out!
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.