Start booking the cheapest flights with Skyscanner’s ‘Whole month’ search tool. Find out how to save tons of money on your next vacation!
One of the best tips for booking cheap flights is to be flexible with your dates. If you have some wiggle room, our flight search engine can help you score the absolute best deals. Use the ‘Whole month’ search tool to find the cheapest days to travel. Don’t worry, we’ll show you how to do it!
Searching for flight prices across a whole month is easy! This is how to do it:
1. Enter your departure location, destination, and the number of travellers flying together.
2. Click on the departure date box. In the top right corner, you should see a tab that is labelled ‘Whole month’ – click it. Then, select the month of departure that suits your needs.
3. We will automatically fill in the return date to the same month. If you want to return during a different month, it is easy to fix. Click on the return date box, click ‘Whole month’, and select the month you want to book your return flight.
Travel Booking Tip: If you have a more set schedule but a flexible destination, type in ‘Everywhere’ in the destination box of the flight search engine.
4. Once all the boxes are filled, click ‘Search flights’ to be on your way to booking the cheapest flights.
5. When the next page is loaded, the monthly calendars will populate with prices for your departure month and return month.
For one-way tickets, only one calendar month will appear.
- Green prices are the lowest.
- Red prices are the highest.
- Yellow prices are somewhere in between!
6. Click on the desired departure date. Once you have clicked a departure date, the return date prices will change to make a combination that works.
Not all flight combinations are possible as per the airlines, so the prices will change depending on the departure date! Don’t be surprised if the prices change as you play around with the dates.
Tip #1: You can change the departure month and return month on this page. Sometimes leaving at the start of the next month will save you money so it is always worth checking. Instead of returning on March 31st, a cheaper flight might be available on April 1 or 2.
Tip #2: Not all dates will always populate with prices. If you do not see a price on a date you desire, you can click it anyway and press ‘Show flights’. This will cause us to do a search on that specific day if flights are available. Sometimes dates are blank because flights do not actually exist on those dates.
7. If you want to see the results a bit more visually, click on the tab labelled ‘Chart’ to see bar graphs of your flight options. This helps make an at-a-glance comparison for booking cheap flights. The total flight price will show up at the bottom of the page.
8. After clicking ‘Show flights’, you will see all of your flight options on the next page for the specified dates.
Tip #1: At the top, you can sort them by ‘Best’, ‘Cheapest’, and ‘Fastest’. Always check the number of travel hours before booking. Sometimes spending an extra $20 will save you 20 hours of time-in-transit (which is usually worth it).
Tip #2: On the left side, you can sort by preferences like airlines, number of layovers, and flight times. We make it super simple to get the flight you want!
Even Better – Search Flight Prices Across a Whole Year:
1. Enter your departure location, destination location, and the number of travellers flying together.
2. Click on the departure date box. In the top right corner, click ‘Whole month’. Instead of selecting a specific month, click on ‘Cheapest month’. This will keep your options wide open!
3. Once all the boxes are filled, click ‘Search flights’ to be on your way to booking the cheapest flights.
4. Follow the same instructions as the monthly search in order to find the best flight.
Check out these extra tips for finding cheap plane tickets:
1. Enter your departure location and the number of travellers. For your destination location, type in ‘Everywhere’.
2. Take it a step further by searching for the cheapest month to ‘Everywhere’.
Enter the destination as ‘Everywhere’. Click on the departure date box and in the top right corner, click ‘Whole month’. Instead of selecting a specific month, click on ‘Cheapest month’.
3. Sign up for our Skyscanner price alerts so you can be notified if the flight price changes. Once you have chosen specific dates and locations, you can click on the top left corner button ‘Get Price Alerts’.
4. Check out our blog for updates on deals around the world as well as tips for finding cheap plane tickets on Skyscanner.
Blog posts include:
- Cheapest Flights Weekly To Everywhere
- Last-Minute and Daily Flight Deals from Canada 2019
- March Break Vacation Deals 2019
- 7 secrets of finding the best cheap flight deals
Ready to start booking cheap flights? Head over to Skyscanner’s cheap flights search engine to get the best deals for your next vacation.