Book cheap flights using the Skyscanner App! Find out how to save money on your next vacation by using the ‘Whole month’ search engine feature right from your phone. If you’re flexible, you can save tons of money on your next vacation!
Did you know that you can book cheap flights directly from your phone?
If your travel plans are flexible, Skyscanner makes it easy to book the cheapest flights. Download Skyscanner’s mobile app to search for the cheapest flights by month. Then read on below to learn exactly how you use the ‘Whole month’ feature on the app.
One of the best tips for booking cheap flights is to be flexible with your dates. If you have some wiggle room, our flight search engine can help you score the absolute best deals. Use the ‘Whole month’ search tool to find the cheapest days to travel. Don’t worry, we’ll show you how to do it!
How to Search ‘Whole Month’ using the Skyscanner Mobile App:
1. Download the Skyscanner App and sign up for an account.
2. Click on the ‘Explore’ button at the bottom of the screen.
3. Scroll down to ‘Best Deals by Month’ and click on the departure month you have in mind.
- The app will only show the current month plus the next two months. If you are searching for flights after that timeline, click on any of the months. You will be able to modify your choices later.
4. Enter the details of your departure location and destination (or search ‘Everywhere’).
- Entering ‘Everywhere’ as your destination will cause Skyscanner to search for the best deals to anywhere in the world.
- If you need to change the month, click on ‘Dates of Travel’ located under the departure and destination locations. This will open up a calendar, and you can click on ‘Select Month’ on any upcoming month for the next year. You will then be able to explore all the cheap flight options for that month, organized by country and then by city.
Travel Booking Tip: If you have a more set schedule but a flexible destination, typing in ‘Everywhere’ in the destination box of the flight search engine will open up.
5. See flight itineraries to your destination of choice.
- If you have a specific destination, the next page will bring you to a list of flight itineraries over the next three months. Click on any of the flight itineraries that show up and in the next step, you can perfect it to your travel needs.
- These automated itineraries can give you a great idea of the cheapest flights available to your destination over the next few months.
- By clicking on ‘Trip Type’, you can create filters catered to the length of stay and number of stops for the itinerary suggestions to make browsing flight deals even easier.
6. Search for different dates by clicking on the top blue bar and modifying the dates of departure and return.
- Once you have clicked on price and route, you can modify the dates by clicking the top blue bar that contains the locations and dates of your selected itinerary. Click on the departure or destination date box.
- Click ‘Sort & Filter’ to refine your search through options like non-stop flights, departure times, and airlines. At the bottom, you can opt to have the Skyscanner App remember your filters.
7. Search flights by colour within the calendar format or search flights by price in the chart format. To toggle between the two, click on the icons in the top right corner.
- In the calendar format, the colours indicate different price levels as displayed near the top of the screen. Green dots represent the cheapest flights. Red dots are the highest and yellow dots are somewhere in between.
- In the chart format, you can play around with different flights and immediately see the prices.
- Note that clicking on a departure flight will cause the return flight information to change. Not all flight combinations are possible, and Skyscanner will automatically match them according to what is available on the airlines.
*Not all flight combinations are possible as per the airlines, so the prices will change depending on the departure date! Don’t be surprised if the prices change as you play around with the dates.
8. Once you have selected your preferred dates based on the pricing, choose your flight and click ‘Continue Booking’.
- Don’t forget to double-check the details of the route you’re taking, making sure it aligns with your preferences.
- Continue booking and you will be re-directed to the cheapest providers for you to choose from.
- Choose the booking site you would like to continue with and book your trip directly from your phone!
Travel Tip: Not all dates will always populate with prices. If you don’t see a dot on a date you desire, you can click it anyway and press ‘Done’. Skyscanner will automatically do a search on that specific day if flights are available. Sometimes dates are blank because flights do not actually exist on those dates.
Find Great Fares with Our Deals Pages
- Caribbean Flight Deals
- Cheap Flight Deals under $200
- Cheapest Flight Deals for December 2019
- Expedia Flight Deals
Ready to start booking cheap flights? Head over to Skyscanner’s search engine to get the best deals for your next vacation.