Disclaimer: We know that travel is especially difficult right now. But alongside the latest COVID-19 travel advice and updates, we want to continue to inspire you with new travel content so that when the world opens its doors again, you’ll be ready.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday WestJet deals are now over for 2020. We hope that you managed to get a great flight deal, but if you didn’t – or you want to score another – you can sign up to receive the latest deal alerts from Canada below.
Don’t miss a single flight deal
Stay one step ahead with travel deals, tips and news sent straight to your inbox.
You can also read on for tips on how to find great deals with added safety on Skyscanner using our flexible flight tickets filter and airline cleanliness ratings.
You’ll be happy to know that according to WestJet’s website, you can now book flights with flexible change and cancellation policies. The airline currently offers zero extra fees to change or cancel any flights booked before December 31, 2020, with all requests made at least 24 hours before departure. They also currently have a 4/5 COVID-19 safety rating by making face masks mandatory, deep cleaning planes daily, changing food service, and ensuring flight crew are wearing PPE.
Travel advice is changing all the time. It’s important to stay up-to-date with the latest global health updates and guidance from the Government of Canada and the World Health Organization, along with the country that you’ll be travelling to before undertaking any type of trip.
How to find flight deals with WestJet on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
We’re here to provide you with insider tips on how to use the Skyscanner App and travel booking site to find your perfect flight this season. Use these new tools to find the best travel deals with WestJet, and to help you plan smarter, safer travel.
Disclaimer: The deals you see here are selected for being lower than average prices for flights based on your route and travel dates. Fares are subject to availability.
Finding flight deals on the Skyscanner app
Skyscanner’s free travel app offers lots of features for travellers like you to find the best flight deals and book the flexible tickets you need. The app also allows users to easily filter results to book flights with your airline of choice and flexible flight tickets so you can confidently book a trip.
Booking flexible flights
Looking for some peace of mind when searching for flights? Having access to flexible booking policies is a top priority for everyone when it comes to planning travel nowadays. And one of our newest tools helps you easily find flexible fares and flight deals that are right for you.
On the Skyscanner app when searching for flights, you’ll see a toggle button on the results page that gives you the option to filter only flights that come with flexible booking policies. Click the button to switch it on, and your flight search will reload to show flight deals with flexible options.
Before booking your flight, be sure to read the flexible ticket policy information that’s available to you and make sure the policy is right for you.
Finding deals on the Skyscanner website
To start searching for WestJet Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals, head to Skyscanner.ca.
- Type in your desired travel dates and destination on the homepage.
- Let the search results load and then scroll down the screen.
- On the left-hand side of the screen you’ll find different filter options, including ‘Airlines‘.
- Under ‘Airlines’, select ‘Clear all’ and then select WestJet as your desired airline.
You also have the option to search and book flexible flight deals using Skyscanner on your desktop as with the app.
On the first page of the flight search box where you enter your departure and destination cities, there will be an option directly below where you can limit your search to airlines that offer ‘Flexible tickets only’.
Once your flight deals start to roll in on the next page, you can also filter to exclusively flexible options by checking the box on the left-hand side labelled ‘Only show airlines with flexible tickets‘. Below this feature, you’ll also find filters for COVID-19 safety ratings where you can simply narrow your options to 5-star safety rated airlines only with the click of a button.
How to discover where you can go–and get inspiration on where to travel next!
This Black Friday and Cyber Monday, we want to keep inspiring you to travel – for where you can go now and where you might want to go in the future.
As the world reopens, let us help you get back out there as safely and as confidently as possible. Here are some other new features we have to help you do just that.
Discover where you can go now
Making plans to get back out there? Our interactive global map will keep you updated on which countries are open to travellers. Click below for the latest travel restrictions and border openings, updated daily for your convenience.
Set up alerts for your dream destinations
Want to know when your favourite destination opens up again? You can set up a notification for that using Skyscanner. Sign up for these travel alerts by going to our ‘Where’s open’ map to be notified immediately if there are any changes in travel restrictions.
If you’ve got a particular destination in mind (hello Mexico!), we recommend setting up a Skyscanner Price Alert. With Price Alerts, you’ll be the first to know when the price drops on a WestJet flight to one of your bucket-list destinations.
Travel inspiration just for you
- How clean is the air on a plane? Find out all about airplane filters and cleanliness procedures on board.
- Want to escape the winter chill this year? Here are 11 warm places to travel in December
- Try something new this year and discover the best places to visit in Canada in winter
Plan safe and travel smart
With Skyscanner you can plan your trip safer, smarter, and more responsibly. In addition to our new flight search features like airline safety ratings and flexible flight tickets, we’ve also created new helpful tools to help you navigate booking accommodations.
One of these tools is a free hotel cancellation filter. If you’re worried about last-minute changes that may come up, you can narrow down options to find hotels that only offer free cancellation policies.
To help you choose the safest hotels for your vacation, we’ve added Hotel Cleanliness Ratings to your hotel search. You’ll notice a badge for hotels that have at least a 4.5/5 rating. This is meant to help you identify stays that have met the needs of recent travellers, as it’s based on the most recent firsthand experiences from travellers like you.
By using our latest features, we hope to help bring you more flexibility and peace of mind when planning your adventures.
See more tips for booking great WestJet Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
Here are some other ways to get great flight deals.
- Try being flexible: Using some flexible features like ‘Cheapest month’ and ‘Everywhere’ search is always a great way to grab the best flight deals. Try to be as flexible as possible with your vacation dates when searching for those Black Friday deals. Many Black Friday and Cyber Monday vacations offered at discounted rates only apply to specific travel dates, so if you can be flexible with your travel times, you’re bound to find lots of vacation deals this season!
- Read the fine print: Before clicking ‘Book Now’, always read the fine print from the airline. Check for any restrictions with your flight, including any blackout dates and stay-length requirements.
- Check for baggage fees: Don’t forget to read the baggage policies of the airline(s) you’ll be flying with so you can avoid any surprise fees. Read WestJet’s baggage rules and more to make sure you won’t be paying any extra fees upon check-in.
- Use your travel benefit cards: Travel benefit cards like Air Miles and Red Tag will typically offer exclusive vacation deals to their customers during Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Check your membership and for vacation deals you can’t pass up.
- Sign up for Price Alerts: Remember to sign up for a Skyscanner account and receive personalized flight deals to and from your home airport. As always, there’s no booking fees and hidden charges when you book with us.
Skyscanner will be there to help you book flight and hotel deals with confidence once you’re ready to start planning your next getaway. Whenever you decide to get back out in the world again, we want to make sure you’re safe and smart about it.
Whether you want to book flights with flexible policies, stay in-the-know about the latest airline safety procedures, or find hotels that offer free cancellation, we’ve got you covered.
Frequently asked questions
Last year for Black Friday weekend, WestJet offered 15% off Basic and Economy flight prices everywhere they fly. This year WestJet is offering Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals for domestic and international destinations.
With WestJet, you can often find low fare flights, seat sales, and discount codes available to travellers. Get access to many of WestJet’s last-minute deals here at Skyscanner.
WestJet’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals will end on Sunday, November 29, 2020.