Cheap Flights from Calgary to Denver
Flying out of Calgary
Welcome to the Canadian West, where an interior trading post nicknamed Cowtown became an international player. The city that hosted the Winter Olympics of 1988, serves as the gateway to the Rocky Mountains, and hosts the annual Calgary Stampede has an equally impressive airport. Formerly known as McCall Field, the modern Calgary International Airport (YYC) is just as shiny and exciting as any of its metropolitan connections. That means you have several choices for flights between here and a big American city like Denver.
Calgary and Denver are two cities that have a lot in common when it comes to business, natural beauty, and outdoor recreation. You don't have to be a ski bunny or a mountain-biker to search for cheap flights on this route.
Airlines that Fly from Calgary to Denver
Snowboarders, hikers, ranchers, and others enjoying a Rocky Mountain high can relax and take their pick between a few airlines that regularly service the Calgary-Denver corridor.
- United Airlines is currently the only carrier offering direct, non-stop flights on this route, with exact schedules changing depending on the season.
- Air Canada and Westjet fly to Denver in partnership with other airlines, with stops in Las Vegas or Seattle.
- Alaska Airlines and Delta occasionally services this route, with stops in either Utah or Nevada.
The cold months are the busiest when the reindeer games of winter are popular and every transport hub is filled with skis and snowboards. This is when carriers like Delta will add more flights to their schedules. If you don't mind making a stop, booking your flight gets even easier.
Denver Airport Information
The sheer size and scope of this Midwestern mountain-town airport might surprise you. Denver International Airport (DEN) is the largest airport in the United States in terms of space, with a public use runway that is also the largest nationally and is the 6th busiest airport in the country along with being 18th busiest on the planet. The design itself is a contemporary work of art, structured to resemble the surrounding mountains along with historic features like teepees. The interior is equally impressive, with classic grotesques peeking out of the corners in the baggage area and famous sculptures like Luis Jiménez's "Blue Mustang."
There are plenty of services to keep you busy in the airport if you're waiting on a connection or a customs clearance. Once you exit the airport, virtually every form of ground transportation is at your disposal, including taxis and rental cars. Public or shared transportation options usually arrive in the Hotel and Transit center adjacent to the airport.
- Shuttle buses from both local hotels and more remote resorts and ranches often connect with guests directly through the airport.
- Amtrak offers packaged deals with United Airlines that includes ground transportation at the airport.
- Regional Transport District (RTD) buses that are part of the Denver public transit system and offer three different grades of service to and from the airport under the names skyRide, Express, and Limited.
- University of Colorado A Line or the East Rail Line is also part of the RTD system, and transports passengers on an electric tram from downtown Denver to the airport in less than 40 minutes.
Stay and savor the rustic spirit of the west, or enjoy a contemporary modern airport for a few hours before catching that transcontinental flight. Shop or eat at any number of stores or restaurants, peruse the collection of fine art, or enjoy the view of the Mile High City from an internationally acclaimed airport.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.