Cheap Flights from San Francisco to Toronto
Flight information San Francisco International to Toronto Pearson International
Cheapest roundtrip price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 3631 kilometers
Most popular airline last month
Toronto Pearson International
A tale of two airports, San Francisco International (SFO) and Toronto Pearson International (YYZ), both teeming with tourists, commerce, and active residents. There’s the cutting edge of style on the American Pacific coast on one end, Canadian cottage country at the other, with a lot of wine and skiing in between. These cities are each equipped with airports to match the demand, so finding flights on this route is relatively simple.
Flying out of San Francisco
An innovative airport with a pleasant open design and ample space for the amount of passenger and visitor traffic it hosts, San Francisco International Airport (SFO) is divided into terminals, which are then organized by concourse.
- International Terminal; handles international flights along with some domestic carriers, and is equipped with customs facilities.
- Terminal 1 hosts both international and national flights and has a convenient, sealed walkway that leads directly to the customs offices in the International Terminal.
- Terminal 2 is the former Central Terminal, dates from 1954 and was dramatically renovated in 2008 to accommodate a variety of routes.
- Terminal 3 is also the old North Terminal, and is used almost exclusively by United Airlines for domestic flights.
Once you pass through security, there are additional airside connections that allow you to walk between different terminals while you wait for your flight. This means you can browse the stellar shopping and dining options that only Northern California can offer.
Airlines that Fly from San Francisco to Toronto
Take your pick between direct flights or trips with one or two stopovers. The number of airlines that regularly service this route allows you a lot of freedom when looking for great prices on fares.
- United Airlines has the most direct flights from SFO to YYZ, operated by fellow Star Alliance partner, Air Canada Flights leave several times a day, so take your pick.
- Westjetserves this route in partnership with other low-cost airline JetBlue, but is only if you don’t mind a stopover in Las Vegas or Charlotte.
- American Airlines flies to YYZ as American Eagle, with a stover in Charlotte or Philadelphia
If you have a favorite airline or travel miles that are burning a hole in your frequent flyer card, this is the time when you can use them. Your destination airport has just as many bells and whistles as this one, maybe even more, so keep that in mind if you also need transportation, a hotel, or even tickets to a show.
Toronto Pearson Airport Information
This is where it all happens, the Golden Horseshoe of North America. Toronto Pearson International (YYZ) is one part of the busiest and most populous corner of the world while somehow also functioning as an essential gateway to some of its most isolated wilderness. Travelers arriving at YYZ could be headed to the Arctic, cottage country near Ottawa, the historic sights of Quebec, or the commerce of New York City.
The interior of this airport is organized based on airline alliances and code sharing partnerships, so the open interior space is shared by both domestic and international passengers. Terminal 1 is where Star Alliance affiliates like Air Canada and United Airlines have their gates, so your direct flight from SFO will likely arrive here. Westjet and other unaffiliated airlines use Terminal 3.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.