Cheap Flights from Washington Dulles to Ottawa International
Flight information Washington Dulles to Ottawa International
cheapest roundtrip price from Washington Dulles to Ottawa International last month
airlines fly non-stop from Washington Dulles to Ottawa International
flights a week from Washington Dulles to Ottawa International
average flight time from Washington Dulles to Ottawa International, total distance 724 kilometers
was the most popular airline flying from Washington Dulles to Ottawa International last month
Airlines that Fly from Washington Dulles to Ottawa International
Canadians can fly directly to Ottawa International Airport (YOW) from Washington Dulles Airport (IAD) through Air Canada and United. There are also flights available through Porter Airlines, if you don't mind a short stop on Toronto Island (YTZ). Try setting up a price alert with Skyscanner to make sure you never miss a great deal on flights from Washington DC to Ottawa!
Departing from Washington Dulles Airport
Washington Dulles Airport (IAD) is conveniently located just 26km from downtown Washington, DC, making it easy to reach by car. There are several affordable long-term parking options available at the airport (prices converted to CAD):
- Terminal Daily Lot ($27.50/day): Covered parking located just steps away from the terminal entrance, available at an hourly or daily rate.
- Garages 1 and 2 ($21.25/day): Covered parking with a convenient walkway connecting the garage to the terminals. Shuttle buses are also available.
- Economy Lot ($12.50/day): Uncovered parking in a large lot close to the airport. Shuttle buses are available to take you to the terminals.
Washington Dulles is a modern airport with many shops, restaurants, and a lounge to keep you busy while you wait for your flight. There are childrens' play areas available as well as free wi-fi, an interfaith chapel, and designated smoking areas.
Arriving at Ottawa International Airport
After landing in Ottawa, follow the overhead signs to collect your baggage and move through Canadian customs. To get to your hotel quickly, consider one of these options:
- Taxi ($37 to downtown): Pick up a taxi from the arrivals level of the terminal. You'll see the line of taxis in front of the center door of level 1.
- Public Transportation ($3.30 to downtown): Purchase a ticket from the Ground Transportation desk on the arrivals level, then head to door 14 on level 1 to catch the bus to downtown Ottawa. From there, you can transfer to whichever area of the city you need to be.
- Rental Car: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, and National all have desks on level 1 of the Parkade. If you're renting a car through Discount or Routes car rentals, there are free shuttles available to take you from the airport to your car. Book ahead with Skyscanner's car rental services to have the perfect car waiting for you when you arrive!
Plan on arriving at least 2 hours before your international departure to give yourself enough time to check in, move through security, and find your gate at the airport. After landing in Ottawa, make sure your declaration card is filled out correctly and that you're standing in the "Canadian Citizens/Residents" line at Canadian Customs to avoid any delays.
What to Expect in Ottawa
Ottawa is Canada's capital city, featuring amazing Victorian-era architecture and a number of world-renowned museums, like Canada's National Gallery and the Canadian War History Museum. Arts and culture reign supreme over this dynamic, multicultural city. Check out one of the great events that happen on Parliament Hill every summer, or skate along the historic Rideau Canal in the winter - you won't regret it! To help you get the most out of your trip, we've put together a great guide to the top things to do in Ottawa, no matter what time of year you're visiting.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.