Cheap Flights from New Delhi to Toronto
Flight information New Delhi to Toronto
Cheapest roundtrip price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 11676 kilometers
Most popular airline last month
Toronto Pearson International, Kitchener / Waterloo, Toronto Island, Hamilton and others
Two busy capital cities at opposite ends of the planet, Delhi and Toronto have transportation facilities to match their civic responsibilities. New Delhi is a smaller neighborhood within the capital city, also called Delhi, but both names are used interchangeably. Both cities are home to equally impressive transportation hubs that handle impressive daily amounts of traffic. Each airport hosts several international flag carriers and low-cost airlines, so you have a lot to choose from as you’re shopping. Use the handy Skyscanner flight search tool to organize your trip by the cheapest departure time.
- Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL) New Delhi is a district of the capital city where the airport is located, hence the shorter nickname. This is the busiest airport in the country, with Mumbai a close second. It has been the biggest airport in all of Southeast Asia and India as of 2010. The airport uses some impressive high-technology to time arrivals and departures along with several other state-of-the-art features. The airport is connected to an express metro line.
- Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) not only serves Metropolitan Toronto but also the Greater Toronto area and a region called the Golden Horseshoe. This area includes Eastern Ontario, part of Quebec, and residents and travelers from the American side of the border. YYZ is the busiest airport in Canada and is connected to buses, trains, and metro lines. A sophisticated automated system moves passengers between the two main terminals.
Airlines that fly from New Delhi to Toronto
This is a popular route that sees a regular amount of traffic throughout the year, with an increase during holidays. There’s even a few non-stop options for this global journey. Finding a cheap flight is simply a matter of booking in advance, keeping an eye out for last minute seat sales, or booking with your preferred carrier using loyalty rewards.
- Air Canada working with European partner Lufthansa. These flights require a stop in either Frankfurt or Munich. If you fly with Air Canada Express - Jazz, you might land in Toronto Island Airport (YTZ) after a connection in Montreal.
- United Airlines doesn’t have non-stop flights, but does fly to DEL after a stop in New York’s Newark Airport (EWR). That makes this one of the shorter options for connecting flights, with a time of about 20 hours.
- Saudia, the national airline of the KSA, has a connecting flight that stops in Jeddah before heading to New Delhi. This is the second best option when it comes to a connecting flight with a time of about 24 hours.
- Austrian Airlines is your only option for direct, non-stop flights between New Delhi and Toronto. The timing is also right, as this is the shortest flight, but the price tag is considerably higher for these seats. Be prepared to pay about twice as much to get there in half the time.
Departure and Arrival Information
Naturally the two cities are quite different once you’re on the ground. Most of the features in the airports, like multilingual signage and connections to ground transportation, are the same. Here are a few of the more profound differences.
- Weather. Dress in layers. In January, when Toronto is under a thick blanket of snow, New Delhi sits at a cool 55F. Summers in each location are humid, obviously with much higher temperatures in New Delhi.
- Time Zones. With a difference of twelve hours between the Eastern Time Zone in Toronto and IST (India Standard Time), prepare for some jet lag and know your stopover.
- Documentation Required. The standard for international flights applies here, starting with your passport. At least one other form of ID is required depending on your statues as a Canadian citizen. This might include a permanent residency card. Requirements might also change of your flight stops in the United States or Russia. Check with your airline once you have your ticket to make sure.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.