Orlando Sanford International Airport is in Sanford, Florida, a short distance from Orlando. The airport is a preferred destination for travellers visiting Disney World and the number one place for car rentals in the world. Read on to learn more about the many fine rental options and fun things to do in the area.
Cheap Economy and Affordable Luxury Rentals
Renters have so many options at Orlando Sanford. There are mini, economy, compact, intermediate, full-size, premium, and luxury rentals available. Getting the best deal depends on each traveller's personal preferences. Generally, mini and economy rentals are most economical in terms of rates and fuel economy. However, depending on the number of each vehicle the company has in stock, sometimes larger or luxury vehicle rates are actually less expensive.
Renting and returning a car at the airport is an easy process. There are nine on-site rental car agencies. Some offer terminal pick-ups, and all offer convenient on-site drop-offs. There are also more than a dozen off-site rental agencies that service the airport and offer free shuttle service.
Rules for Renting and the Road in Orlando
In the Orlando area, most companies follow similar policies. An international driver's permit is not needed, but a second form of identification is. Additionally, travellers should bring a credit card in the driver's name and any other documents requested during the booking process.
It is also helpful for renters to become familiar with the rules of the road before renting a vehicle. Here's some important information about driving in and around the Orlando area.
- Driving is on the right side of the road.
- "Right on red" is legal after coming to a complete stop and checking for traffic (unless noted otherwise).
- Speed limits signs are on the right side of the road.
- There are many toll roads in the area.
- Drivers must slow down and change lanes when a vehicle with flashing lights is present.
Places to See
As one of the top tourist destinations in the world, Orlando, Florida, is a great place to visit. Renting a car in this magical place is a convenient way to make an amazing trip more memorable. Below is a list of things for travellers to do when they land at Orlando Sanford Airport.
- Disney World is number one on the list. Afterall, it is "The Most Magical Place on Earth." Possibly the most famous theme park in the world, Disney's Magic Kingdom is 49 minutes (70.8 km) via FL-417 Toll S and I-4 W from Orlando Sanford Airport.
- Universal Studios is another famous park in the area that attracts millions of visitors each year. The home to The Simpsons Ride, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, and the E.T. Adventure, this park is 44 minutes (58.7 km) via FL-417 Toll S from the airport.
- Harry P. Leu Gardens is a beautiful park in Orlando, Florida. It offers paths, beautiful flowers, and sculptures and is 37 minutes (40.2 km) via FL-417 Toll S from Orlando Sanford.
These are just a few of the many things to do in the area. Renting a car gives tourists flexibility and the ability to see more of the many attractions Orlando has to offer. Luckily, travellers can use Skyscanner to find the best deals and book rental and travel arrangements.