Rogue Valley International Airport is in Medford, Oregon. This is a beautiful city with parks, mountains, vineyards, and more. Renting a car at Rogue Valley International Airport is a great way to take in all this American city has to offer.
Renting a Cheap Economy or Affordable Luxury Car
There are plenty of rental options at Rogue Valley International Airport. Five on-site rental companies offer a variety of vehicles from economy to full-size. There are even luxury vehicles if travellers want to hit the town in style. Rental desks are conveniently located in the terminal building and there are companies that have rentals available for terminal pickup. Here is a list of the on-site companies.
Pre-booking is a good idea for travellers looking for a specific vehicle or for those who want a smoother rental process. Also, travellers planning to rent a vehicle from Rogue Valley International-Medford Airport need to bring the proper documentation. Here are the requirements and documents needed to rent a car at the airport.
- Drivers must be older than 21 years.
- Proof of residence, like a utility bill in the driver's name
- A valid driver's licence and/or an international driver's permit (IDP)
- A passport
- A credit card in the main driver's name
- Any other documents requested during the booking process.
Driving in Medford, Oregon
Medford, Oregon, is easy to navigate, and although traffic can back-up a bit during rush hour, it is usually not bad. Drivers can get the most out of renting a car by knowing the rules of the road in the area. Here is a list of important information for visiting drivers in Medford, Oregon.
- Driving is on the right side of the road.
- Overtaking is on the left.
- Drivers must have a licence at all times while operating a vehicle in Oregon.
- Speed limits are 105-113 km/h on highways and 89-105 km/h on freeways.
- There are plenty of parking options in Medford, including free parking on the street and paid parking spaces and garages.
Things to See in Medford, Oregon
Medford, Oregon, is known for the delicious peaches grown in the area. So, tourists definitely want to check out some of the great restaurants in the area to try creations made with the tasty fruit. There are also many parks, recreation areas, and other sites to see. Here are some of the things travellers can experience in the area.
- Roxy Ann Peak is a massive mountain which offers travellers an opportunity to take in the natural beauty of Oregon. The volcanic peak is 20 minutes (13.8 km) from the airport via E McAndrews Rd.
- Prescott Park is a great place for tourists to enjoy hiking and alluring vantage points. The park is 20 minutes (13.8 km) from Rogue Valley International Airport via E McAndrews Rd.
- Crater Rock Museum offers visitors an opportunity to see rocks, fossils, gems, Native American artefacts, and minerals from the area. The museum is a very short 8 minute (5.8 km) drive from Rogue Valley International-Medford Airport.
These are just a few of many places to see in Medford, Oregon. Tourists wanting to make the most of an arrival at the international airport can use Skyscanner to easily compare rates and book reservations.