Dinard-Pleurtuit-Saint-Malo Airport is in Pleurtuit, France, 5 km from Dinard and 19 minutes (13.2 km) from Saint-Malo. With Dinard, Pleuruit, and Saint-Malo so close to the airport, renting a car helps visitors see more of what the area has to offer. Read on to learn about rental options, rules of the road, and tourist attractions in the area.
Cheap Rental Car Options at the Airport
There are four rental car companies at the airport. AVIS, Europcar, Hertz, and Enterprise counters are in the terminal building. The on-site agencies offer many vehicle classes including mini, economy, compact, intermediate, and full-size. So, whether travellers are looking for a gas saving mini or a family hauling intermediate SUV, the international brands at the airport have it covered.
When renting a vehicle at the airport there are some documents tourists should bring. Here's a list of necessary documents and requirements.
- A passport for renters from countries outside of the EU
- Proof of residence, such as a utility bill
- Drivers must be 21 years of age or older.
- A valid driver's licence from the renter's home country
- A credit card in the driver's name
- Additional documents requested during the booking process
Important Information for Driving Around Saint-Malo
Driving around Saint-Malo is not a bad experience, but there are important things drivers should know before hitting the roads. Here is a list of laws and important information for visiting drivers in France.
- Driving is on the right side of the road.
- Overtaking is on the left side of the road.
- Use of a horn is prohibited in built-up areas except in cases of emergency.
- Seat belts are compulsory for drivers and passengers.
- It is illegal to use headphones while driving.
- Speed limits are 130 km/h on motorways, 110 km/h on urban highways, 90 km/h on suburban roads, and 50 km/h on urban streets.
- Appropriate child restraint seats are compulsory for all children.
- Children under 10 years old are not allowed to sit in the front seat.
- Police can require violators to pay on-the-spot fines.
Places to See Near Saint-Malo France
Saint-Malo France is a beautiful coastal town surrounded by towering granite walls. There are also tourist attractions in Dinard, Pleurtuit, and Saint-Malo that are worth seeing to make the most of an arrival at the local airport. Here are a few places to see in the area.
- Great Aquarium Saint-Malo features shark exhibits, mini submarine rides, and more. The aquarium is 12 minutes (9.9 km) from the airport.
- Saint-Malo Cathedral depicts the city's history with beautiful stained glass windows. The beautiful landmark dates back to the 12th century and is 24 minutes (13.5 km) from the airport via D168.
- The Jacques Cartier Museum houses some of the best works by Cartier. The museum is a 21 minute (17.1 km) drive from Dinard-PLeurtuit-Saint-Malo Airport.
These places are some of many sites to see in the area. Renting a car from Dinard-Pleurtuit-Saint-Malo Airport is an easy way to explore the area. Plus, travellers can use the Skyscanner App to book rentals and make arrangements easily from a mobile device.